Sunday, June 03, 2007;
♥ 1:08 AM
2 June 2007
I am back from OBS yesterday.Do u know,i overslept in the mrt,actually i was awake at yio chu kang,like another 3stops i will reach sembawang but i slept through.I slept till JURONG EAST la,walao,i was so angry,i somemore got off the train,only to realise that it will turn back then i waited again.I was super tired la,haiz.In the end i reached home at 6.30pm.I spent 2hrs getting home from kovan to sembawang la.I learnt my lesson sleeping the mrt.
OBS was fun with the company many new friends i met on the five days journey on Pulau Ubin.Even though my watch was all SA people,i only knew like valerie and george.I have not seen the others before in school,haha,weird right?My watch was NEHRU,the watch people were all fun to be with.I have spent most wonderful moments with the watch people during the five days,we all have gone through the tiring and torturous moments,overcame obstacles along the way.
Activities that we had
kayaking was fun but we had to capsized like twice,even though it was tiring,it was fun sitting on the kayak,enjoying the wave pushing you side to side.We had to kayak for a long distance,following our navigator,the weather was hot,we had to kayak through the swamp which we wished it was not low tide if not we have to mud walk.We had to carry our kayak up to the road,across the road and then carry down to the other side of the river.The ah-soh there selling drinks was irritating la,she was like scolding us as our kayak boat blocked her store.Saying later she no business,blah,blah,why don't she like carry the kayak boat la?made so much noise.
oh,we had to trek for a long distance too,we had to do activities along the way,'amazing race',we had to navigate loh,under the hot sun loh.Our first activity was to balance the bamboo stick in a straight line,everyone was frustrated as we had to redo alot of times,there were many miscommunication,we only succeed at the last minute if not we will have a 3omins penalty.By then,we were very far behind Elizabeth Choy watch already.The next activity was at the German Girl Shrine,we had to hold one another hands and try to separate ourselves like in a spider web.Our watch was so special,we ended being separated into three circles,Abidin(our instructor),this was his time seeing this scene.So even though we failed to separate into one circle,he let us passed the test.The next activity was to find the top of hill,the scenery was beautiful,the highest point on Pulau Ubin,we had to do a SA cheer and din must hear the echo.Then we two by two stood near the cliff to get a better view,valerie and i shouted s22,we heard our echo,it was so cool.We were all so tired by then.We still had to trek back about 5km or more before our last activity.Our last activity was the rescue operation.I realised i had great balance on the log.haha.The trick is to walk fast across so that you will balance urself better.
The solo night was scary though.I overcame my fears of being alone in the forest and the tunnel.I heard the noise of the nature,it was super frightening because it was so dark,only lightsticks to guide me.As i did not have my specs,the journey was even more scary.Then reached the entrance on the tunnel,the tunnel was short la,i squatted my way through loh,only to find out it was so near the opening loh.I came out of th exit and saw the entrance of the tunnel,the distance is only like a few metres.
We played the raft activity before we went for trekking though.Though we did not succeed but at least we moved a greater distance than E.C.haha,valerie revealed that i was a dancer last time thus i can stretch my legs further loh and so din asked me to share what was the strategy loh.So stupid,i think most people can stretch loh.haha.I think if we were given more time,we may succeed.Abidin kept talking and talking,he tried distracting us la when we were in the middle of action loh.But it was ok in the end.
Campsite 4 sucks la.There was a big wildhog there la,as i was not feeling well,thus i took the first shift with wanxuan to guard loh.We chatted quite a bit.Before that Abidin told us lame jokes and stories,out of 4 stories,3 were made up by him,he called them 'Abidin Stories'.If you want to know the story,ask me urself,haha.Actually i can only remember one only la,i will try remembering others too.I was so scared the wildhog will come up to me,i kept shining the torchlight around.
On the last day,upon reaching campsite 1,cherlyn and I went to bathe first as we were not feeling very well,we changed into dry clothes,only to find out later we had to jetty jump la.Of course,we bargain with Abidin but he did not give way to our begging loh.We both had sour faces,we were quite angry la.We wanted to jump and get over it.In the end,the day was saved,thanks to the JELLYFISHES.haha,they saved both of us,since they were near the jetty,we all cannot jump,if not we will be stinged.YES,i was so glad la,after that i got energy to do other things le.We all had to pack up the store,it was so tiring,dun wan to talk about the procedures.
to george:(in reply to ur comment on ur blog)haha,thanks for being the centre of attraction,for us to suan you.I know i suan u many times,it was damn funny looking at the expression on ur face when we suan you.The trip may not be fun if you were not there,haha,cause it will be very boring if no one there for me and valerie to suan.haha.Anyway,not that i want to accused you,but ur voice sound the same with the other guys in ur tent,thus we assumed it was you.haha.
to valerie,cherlyn and sijia:thanks for enduring with me over the days,helping me to pitch and unpitch the tents when i was very tired and many other things.It has been great,sleeping with u people.One occasion when we three were being accused of playing bridge,haha.It was so funny.I had a lot of fun being with you people.thanks a lot.
to NEHRU:thanks everyone once again for bringing so much fun and laughter to the watch.You all can say 'you are welcome' again,i dun mind.haha.It was fun being with u all,how i wish we got to know one another earlier,maybe we will have more enjoyment together as a watch.
to Abidin:thanks for being such a wonderful instructor,you have brought laughter and joy to all of us.Asking us to reflection after most activities,really made me think through.Your stories were funny though,ur trick is to speak very softly when telling stories.haha.Remember to take care of ur hair,you have been touching your hair ever since the first day,please protect it then.haha.You said i was like a cheerleader,do i look like one,i dun think so.I will remember you have short term memory,haha,i will test you what is my name if i do see you again.You stay at yishun while i stay at semb,maybe we will get to meet one another sometimes,haha.Anyway,thanks alot for everything.
The only thing i regret not doing in OBS is the flyingfox la,why we did not get the chance to do that,the longest distance flyingfox,I was so sad loh.Oh,i got to see many chung cheng people at OBS,so long never see u all,missed u people.I saw serene,sihui,elaine,xuankai,jiahon,vincent,kenley,jonathan,wenbin and weirui,hope i did not miss anyone out and john from my tuition centre,heex.
To Janice:to reply ur blog entry.Thanks for writing one blog entry for me but u are still a devil to ur mortal.How can u be so bad to ur mortal,me?Not even a note la,see i so good,I did write a note to you during that day we went sakae la.How are you going to repay me?hahahahaha.The things i want to write to you are in that note already,you better keep them well.
i slept the whole day today,watched the shows that i was deprived of since OBS.I am back to my comfort zone,i am happy to be back la.It was torturous though to leave my comfort zone without my TV,com and handphone and especially my bed and blanket.I think 2molo then i try to do my chem tutorials but i still very tired.
Fly away...