Sunday, February 17, 2008;
♥ 5:17 AM
My grandpa is hospitalised since monday and has not yet been discharged. There is an ulcer in his stomach which is bleeding bit by bit everyday, causing his blood pressure to lower leading to instability of his blood level.6 bags of 319ml blood has been transfused to him. His condition seems to have stabilised but the doctor wants to keep him in observation till tomorrow. He has not eaten for about 5days and has become weak and thin. But if his situation worsened, then he has to do an operation and to him, it will be a major operation due to his age and his heart bypass operation about 10 years ago. Half of his stomach where the ulcer is will be removed and the risk of having stroke or heart attack will be 10% which is more than the risk of 1% for other people or operation. I can’t stop worrying for him when I heard what the doctor say. Operation will be the last resort if his condition ever worsens, if the ulcer can heal through strong medication by tomorrow then my grandpa can be discharged. Saturday, Sunday and Monday are the critical days for him. I went to visit him on Saturday, he looks better at that time, maybe I did not see the weak and vulnerable side of him when he went through all the scans. I pray that he will pull through and recover as soon as possible. I really can’t stop worrying, AHHHH!! And there seems to be some internal conflicts and issues happening.
Why are human so vulnerable? Why do some people want to talk about inheritance at this moment? Is money really that important?
Fly away...